Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Brambleman by Jonathan Grant



Book: Brambleman

Author: Jonathan Grant

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Charlie Winter, a down and out writer in Atlanta, is brought in to finish a manuscript of the dead author by his quirky widow. Thing is the children are just as quirky as her and don't want Charlie involved. The manuscript Charlie is asked to finish is of a HORRIFIC racially motivated crime involving a land grab from the early 1900's. The land is now for sale and will garner the recipient a cool 20 million dollars. Charlie wants justice for the earlier crime and others want to make sure Charlie is unable to carry through with that justice. Just what will some people do to make sure their greed isn't played with?

My rating: 1 Star

My opinion: Although, I generally liked this storyline...really liked this storyline, I found that the book was too long. Now, not that I don't regularly read 500+ page books, but normally the story flows. I found that parts of this book was almost written as "fluff" to expand the book and didn't bring any meaning to the storyline.

This book deals with some pretty horrific events frequently in a graphic manner. But there was something that was electrifying to this book. 

Had there not of been the feeling that the book was just written with "extended" scenes, it easily would have been a 4 to 4.5 star read for me.

ETA (11/08/2012) ETA (11/08/2012) I had originally given this book a higher rating UNTIL I received the most unprofessional,snarky, condescending email from the author regarding my review. BTW..Mr. Grant, a rating which includes a .5 increment can either be rounded higher OR lower...Your book DID NOT garner, in my humble opinion, the higher rating! I was very nice in my review to state that GR friends of mine had bumped it up.
As to your comments re: number of pages...even Goodreads AND my nook place this book close to 500 pages. If it isn't that is even worse for you and the book drags more for lesser pages!

Source:  Netgalley for Publisher      

Would I recommend? : Nope, not anymore!

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone








No comments:

Post a Comment