Monday, November 12, 2012

Last to Die by Tess Gerritsen


Book: Last to Die (Rizzoli and Isles #10)

Author: Tess Gerritsen

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Jane Rizzoli and Maura Isles are back again. This time to solve the massacre of several people, including a young child who should not be victims of such vicious crimes. At the core of the killings are two teenagers, who have both lost not only their parents to murder, but their foster families as well. What is it about these children past and who is targeting them? What does it have to do with The Mephisto Club?

My rating: 4 Stars

My opinion: Let me preface this review by stating that I have read every book in this series, some several times. On that note, I must also state that Dr. Gerritsen is probably one of the most character and storyline driven author I have ever had the pleasure of reading. What I mean by this is that this is not a series that one can pick up a single book and have an excellent understanding of how incidents in the story reflect back to other novels and follow the overall R&I story. Another point I will make is that if watchers of the TNT series think that the books follow the TV series, they don't! This series, particularly the earlier novels, can be quiet graphic without the "silliness" portrayed by the TV characters.

Now, this is not my favorite of the R&I series, but not my least favorite either. This book had much more of a psychological aspect to it and went much deeper into the Rizzoli family history and dramatics than her books before. Still with Dr. Gerritsen's high quality writing, this was a pleasurable read.

Source: Netgalley for Random House       

Would I recommend? : Of course, I regularly recommend this series.

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: #10 in series

 

No comments:

Post a Comment